Sunday, May 5, 2013

Job Shadowing At the Air Force Base!

Hey everybody! So I was asked to write a post on this blog about my job shadowing experience that happened on Friday! Job shadowing is what we do  twice a year at my school, where we go to someones place of work and shadow them for a day to get a sense of what they do there. Anyways on to the information on my day, I shadowed two engineers who were working on some things that I won't talk about since they asked us not to talk about it. Haha, not very descriptive huh. Sorry but its out of respect to them and the Air Force Base! I also got to go on a tour of the facilities and labs that they work in on base. In one of these labs I got to learn about the difference between an AC motor and a DC motor! It would take me a while to explain what the differences are so I'll provide some pictures and links so that you can understand more about what I learned about!

Here's the link to the AC motor Wikipedia page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_motor

And here's the link to the DC motor Wikipedia page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_motor

Here's the AC motor
 


Here's the DC motor
 
Moving on, that's not all I did today. I also got to go and see some of the things that were getting ready to be put into the Air force Museum! One of the things I got to see is a SICBM (small intercontinental ballistic missile) mobile launcher it launched a MGM-134 Midgetman. That's a kind of SICBM in case you didn't know. It was really cool to see things like that. Anyways I had a really great time job shadowing Friday and hope that everyone else who went job shadowing had a really great time and got as much out of it as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment